Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Helicopter Aerial Video Attempt

Off I went to the field early this morning to shoot my first ever in-flight video on a RC helicopter. Wind condition is perfect, no wind at all. Temperature is a bit cold (-10) but the sun is up to warm things up a bit.

The C.G seems to be pretty well balanced even with the new payload (the Speed DX8 video camera). The 1100mah 25C light weight li-po did fin. The only disadvantage is that my flight is limited to about 2 minutes only (3.8v for each battery cell after the flight).
The camera is tilted a bit downwards too much. During a heli fight, the heli is often a few degrees nose down providing the horizontal trust component for forward flight. I should have slightly adjusted the video camera to be facing upwards so that I wont be videoing the ground for most of the time. More in-flight videos coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment